Joining our private wine tours in Israel means spending a day:
There are now well over 200 wineries in Israel.
There is a rich history of producing local wines that has been traced back to 3000 BC. But the contemporary wineries reappeared in the 1800s in Jerusalem,where small wineries started producing sacramental wine. The recent phenomena of quality wine making started in the 1990s.
You can choose between six main wine-growing regions for your wine tour in Israel, depending on your interest and the season.
The Central Area of Israel has been producing wine since most ancient times. This area includes three major regions which today, produce some of the best wine in the country:
1. the Carmel Mountain Wineries to the South from Haifa
2. the Judean Hill Wineries around Jerusalem and adjacent Shfela Valley
3. and the Sharon Plain Wineries north of Tel Aviv.
Northern Israel's high altitudes, volcanic soil, and the contrast between hot summers and snowy winters are ideal for wine-making. The northern wine regions are in:
5. and the Golan Heights Wineries
From Southern Israel, the Ancient Hebrew spies smuggled huge wine grapes as the Bible tells us.
6. The Negev desert wineries has proved exemplary good for wine production. From here, the intense heat and sun, the relatively cold nights and the extremely dry weather results in early grape ripening, creating high quality wines with unique aromas.
Read all about Israel's six wine regions here.
Each of the boutique wineries you visit on the tour will share with you their have their own special style and approach to wine-making.
You can opt for our standard wine tours, or you may prefer to customize your tour to include:
The price of your private wine tour depends on your pickup location.
A customized tour price is program-dependent.
To book your wine tour BOOK HERE
You may also be interested in: