Are you wondering whether to stay at one of the Tel Aviv airport hotels on your first or last night in Israel?
There are pros and cons to consider if to lodge at an airport hotel.
* You may prefer to jump directly to our most recommended airport hotel.
I'll start with why not.
I personally prefer residing at my vacation spot on both the first and last night. This way I can enjoy the sights, go out for a stroll or have a nice dinner. Even if it means a long commute, I find it more pleasant than staying at a remote airport hotel.
Specifically here in Israel, Ben Gurion Airport is located more or less in between Israel's two main cities.
It is a thirty minute drive to Tel Aviv and forty five minutes to Jerusalem.
So staying in Tel Aviv and Jerusalem are reasonable options for your first or last night in Israel, although when traffic is heavy during rush hour, you should double the travel time.
On the other hand, there are some excellent reasons for staying at one of the Tel Aviv Aiport hotels.
So in summary, if you have a late night or early morning departure, and above all, if you are staying further away from the airport than Jerusalem and Tel Aviv's northern suburbs in the Sharon district, booking a Tel Aviv airport hotel for your first or last night will save you time and hassle.
Having reviewed all the lodging choices near the airport, there aren't many good options, unfortunately. Many of the hotels that are close to the airport are old and shobby.
Taking all options into account, I recommend the 4 star Sadot Airport Hotel as the best hotel near the airport.
If you are looking for cheaper accomodations near the airport, there are also some decent guesthouses.
(This page has "affiliate links" which means that if you click and buy something, we earn a small commission at no extra cost to you).
The Sadot Hotel (part of the Atlas 4 Star boutique hotel chain) is our top choice if you want to stay near Ben Gurion Airport.
Airport hotels are usually drab, old and overpriced. The Sadot Hotel is the total opposite.
It is really the perfect hotel for the night before or after a flight.
Sadot Hotel is located in Tzriffin, less than a 15 minute drive from the airport. The name 'Sadot' means fields in Hebrew, which you can see from the hotel windows.
The hotel is part of the Assaf HaRofeh hospital complex located in the Assaf Mall. Your taxi or car needs to go through the hospital main security entrance. It may seem confusing, especially since the lobby is on the third floor. But despite the unusual location, don't be put off!
The hotel is lovely, modern and welcoming. Their service is super friendly and helpful.
They offer a free, oneway shuttle service to the airport at any time of the day or night. Just make sure to order it in advance.
And even if your flight is at 4 AM, you can ask for a take-away breakfast that you can enjoy in the airport.
The standard rooms are spacious, clean and modern with a sitting area near a comfortable bed and great pillows.
And unlike many hotel rooms in Tel Aviv, it is very quiet, great for sleeping...
Every day from five to seven PM, Sadot Hotel serves a generous Happy Hour Buffet with wine, cheeses, sandwiches, vegetables, fruit and sweets. At no extra cost!
And their Israeli-style breakfast buffet is quite good too with lots of food options.
There is even a gym room for exercising before or after your flight.
There are some decent guesthouses and apartment rooms available closeby to the airport.
For example, this is a room in a no-frills, clean guesthouse in the city of Lod, just a 10-12 minute drive from the airport. Other people may be staying in other rooms in the house, but the price is low.
You can read more about several guesthouses located near the airport here by pressing on the link just below.
Here are some important tips when selecting a room or a guesthouse:
- Make sure that the distance to the airport doesn't exceed 10 - 15 kilometers. Cities close to Ben Gurion airport can be in: Lod, Ramle, Or Yehuda and Yehud (to name a few). Some places call themselves airport hotels, but they are far away in Tel Aviv or Rehovot.
- Make sure to read guest reviews! Guesthouses near the airport are no frills, but you want to find those that are clean and comfortable.
- Before you book, inquire how far is the nearest supermarket or restaurant. Especially if you arrive on a Friday night, everything may be closed nearby so check before you book!
- Make sure there is a way to contact the owner on his mobile phone, WhatsAPP and email, even if you arrive late at night.
- It is always better if someone will greet you when you arrive and show you around. In case that isn't possible, make sure you understand clearly where the keys are, or the door code. And don't forget to get clear instructions to give your taxi driver!
You may also be interested in:
Facebook CommentsEnjoyed your visit? Have something to say? Why not leave a comment in the box below.